Exam Time

Well my freshman year of college is boiling down to the last week. Oh my. I've got to say, it's gone by more than quickly. Of course, yes, there have been bumps and upsets along the way, but it's going to be a repetitive summer just mowing the lawn and going to Starbucks. I'm hoping to get a job, like every other college student without money and with bills to pay. I'm going to be spending a lot of time with Michael this summer though, and I'm definitely looking forward to that.
I know I will enjoy summer when the time comes, but for now I'm pretty sad over it.

As of now I don't have a roommate for next year. Those plans...fell through I guess you would say. I need a roommate, and I am under the impression that one will be placed with me based on this silly compatability sheet type-thing. It was all a bit of nonsense. I don't mind not rooming with the girl I had originally planned on rooming with, I just feel funky about living with somebody else. I've got this thing about living with people I don't know. I get nervous. Well, I have to admit, people in general make me nervous. I see people walking around campus, and I look at the ground instead of their eyes! It's strange...I'm not afraid of them so I can't see why I can look at them! I don't know. The ground seems so much more comfortable to look at than someone I'm not completely familiar with. I have trouble making pleasant converation. "How is your family?" "Ready for vacation?!?" ---I can't do it! I feel better just being silent with people I don't know very well. Seeing as I am going to be a social worker, this habit of mine will have to change, and soon.

At work this afternoon, I was told to have a go at the goodies from yesterday's faculty meeting. So, I dove into the fridge, grabbed lemon square, chomped it down, and yelled, "I have no regrets!" Why, you ask? Well...she never said that the lemon squares were from the meeting, but I surely didn't care! It was YUM!
Turns out they were in fact from the meeting, so I won't be getting food poisoning today.
See now, every story does have a happy ending.

AMZ

0 comments:

Post a Comment