School has been out for a month, and I am enjoying my summer so far. After a brief falling out with someone who's true colors had shown over a petty issue, I was ready to get the summer started the right way.
Almost right away I slept until noon and walked around all day in my pajamas. After about a week of blissful aimlessness, I saw a friend off to a far away place. I will be missing them quite a bit this summer.
I've been working some and fixing up the backyard some too. I've gotten a little secretarial work done, and am building up a list of things that will look good on a C.V.
The love life is splendid, at the moment. I have a good feeling about this one.
I've done some traveling, and am getting ready to do some more. I plan on keeping this summer interesting.
I've been seeing this Ad on TV lately. It's about that hair bump thing. You know, the one that makes young girls feel like small-headed freaks, and they will only truly be beautiful if they are sporting the hairdo of a certain British singer that smokes crack. That sort of thing disgusts me. Why on Earth would these girls want to look like that? Nothing like adding four inches to the top of your skull to make a boy notice you, ladies. Of course, my judgment about this is coming from the same slightly feminist mind that believes make-up is lie in a bottle. Some young women pride themselves on how well they have painted their face. And hey, it only took them, what, an hour? Gee, I wish I was as dumb as the girls who believe they actually need this junk to pass as beautiful. A piece of advice: if the guy you want to notice you won't actually notice you unless you have a half inch of "sun-kissed" shaded plaster smeared onto your face, congratulations, you're falling for a jerk.
Now, I'm not saying I'm the most beautiful woman that walked this planet, but I'm saying I'm proud of who I am and what I look like. I'm human. I break out, I sweat, I bloat, I'll sometimes walk out of the house in the morning having forgotten to pluck my angry eyebrows. But that's the best part of being human, I think. I'm not the only person who breaks out, sweats, and bloats so I shouldn't go around feeling like I am some freak for being that way.
I know I have friends that wear make-up. Some that wear it casually, some for special occasions, and some like its going out of style. I don't want to go around stomping your belief in this stuff and losing my friends, so I'd like to say it's not you I don't like, its the industry.
Until next time,
AMZ
0 comments:
Post a Comment