Let’s talk about feminism. Let’s talk about the fight for a woman to be on the same level as a man. That’s what feminism is, in case you didn’t already know that. Its a bit of an odd word. That ism, makes it seem so negative. Racism, colorism, sexism—All are so negative. But feminism, that’s a word that runs against the pack, I guess. Antifeminism fits into that trend of isms and negativity more than the word itself. Maybe we should consider changing it.
The word is pretty serious, from what I’ve learned. No it doesn’t mean I burn bras. No, it doesn’t mean I hate men because they are pigs. Nope, none of that. I love men. Most of them are pretty cool guys. Now, a few bad apples have tried to spoil the bunch, in both cases. There are some men out there that really are pigs. And there are some women out there, waving the flag of feminism, that push back the cause instead of further it. “Equality for women!…and punishment for men, for everything they’ve done to us.”
As a student at a woman’s college, this superfeminism is an idea that is taken far too seriously by a few of the students. These students preach about women’s oppression in the history of, well, forever, and turn around and oppress their male counterparts. They say a man has no right to a pregnant woman’s child, because he isn’t carrying it for nine months. Well ladies, there are plenty of men that would carry their child themselves (if it were biologically possible, of course) if it meant that that child would be healthy. That’s such a terrible thing to say. Boohoo, I carried a baby for nine months, I went through this pain and suffering, he will never see that child because I went through it and he doesn’t know what it is like. Boohoo my body is ruined because of him.
Aww, isn’t that so sad. You were put through that whole long nine months, poor you. But your selfish decision will keep a capable father from having a relationship with his child because you are mad that he couldn’t carry it instead. I propose that we have a nation-wide tube tying. Some women just aren’t fit to have kids because even if they are responsible for this small life, they will still think that everything is about themselves.
My point is, despite the digressions...that just because your predecessors of the same sex have been put through hell and back, doesn’t mean you make it your mission in life to take revenge on the opposite sex. I believe the proper definition that these people would fit is: Stank. Don’t be stank, people.
2 comments:
I think when you hear an argument like that, it's usually in reference to a man who doesn't want a woman to abort their unborn child. Must protect the right to kill, even if that baby is wanted by its own father. I guess that's one argument for getting to know a person's moral philosophy before having sex with them.
Sure is. Despite how odd that would be discuss on a first date! You never know what kind of person could hold the fate of your child in their hands. Abstinence, anyone?
Post a Comment