Day 20:

Day 20 - How important you think education is.


Education is very important. Although the differences between an average educated person and an uneducated person may seem to be few, it goes deeper than the surface. 
It's practically impossible to make it in this world without an education. There are circumstances that can prevent a person from going past high school, even middle school, which are completely understandable. Nowadays, employers are thinning out the amount of jobs available to those without college degrees. Even I have to go to graduate school because just a bachelor's will not get me a decent job that allows me to be independent. 
I feel as though this will continue to spiral out of control and reason. My children may need three master's degrees and a doctorate or some crazy shit like that just to get a job as an administrative assistant. 
Aside from the educational mumbo jumbo that a student learns while in college, this is a crucial time in a person's life for them to learn who they really are. All of the things we learn about the world and what's in it begin to challenge us to figure out where we belong within that crazy world. 
How could we find the time or energy to soul search while we are working overtime to make ends meet with our high school degrees?


My schoolin' is expensive as hell. I pay 1/6 of it myself every year (in education loans, but still) and I'll end up with fifty thousand dollars in debt by the time I  get both degrees that I need. Hopefully I'll get hired quickly enough so that my debt does not swallow me...


AMZ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment