“Rise and rise again, until the lambs become lions”

Working for my mother’s boss this summer is going exactly as I expected. Hundreds of copies, packets, mailings to be put together in a short amount of time. I wake up at 5 a.m., work is from 7-5, then mom and I walk. I usually get home around 7 p.m. Nothing like a 12 hour day to make you feel like a grownup. I guess.
The other day, I gave into the marriage urges and convinced Michael to go to Barnes and Noble with me to look at books about tying the knot. I was under the impression that he would enjoy going just to be with me, but be miserable because there typically isn’t much for a groom to do in the ways of wedding planning. (I would like to make it clear that he is extremely excited by the mere thought of marrying me, just in case I let him appear negative about the subject) But wait! Can it be!? Why, yes, it is! Books for the men to look at! Thus he dove right into it, reciting occasional lines and tips from the man manual to contribute to the research. Apparently, the best man originated from  the time when a man had to be able to rely completely on his best friend to fend of his woman’s parents because he had taken her against their wishes for them to be married. The best man had to be able to punch out her parents if need be. What a pal indeed. I need to remind myself, yet again, that he and I are not engaged right now, so all of this talk and excitement really shouldn’t be happening. I tried on my sister’s ring last week on mother’s day. It felt yucky. I couldn’t stand the feeling of having something touch my fingers constantly. I suppose I will be forced to get over this discomfort for the sake of having an awesome ring on my finger…

 

Anywho, Friday night Michael and I went with his brother and his girlfriend to dinner and to see Robin Hood. I will spare you the details of dinner, mostly because if I talked about it the way I wanted to, there’s a chance I would make an enemy or two. Let me just be clear that from now on I plan on speaking my mind and not holding back what I have to say.
The most important part of this evening was the movie. Now, I am the type of girl that cannot stand epics. Take Troy, for example, this is Michael’s favorite movie. I can’t stand it. Robin Hood had enough humor and Russell Crowe being handsome to keep me interested.
robin-hood-russell-crowe Why, hello there.

                                                                                                       
This is one man both  Robin-Hood-Russell-Crowe-and-Cate-Blanchett-14-12-09-kc
myself and mother agree is goofy-smile-on-your-face-when-you-look-at-him handsome.

 

 

 

The moral of this post is that if you’re a man, this movie is quite action-y, and if you’re a woman, this movie is quite russel-crowe-partially-nudey. Michael is probably going to have a fit when he reads this…haha!

1 comments:

groom books?! for serious?!

::plansplansplans::

 

Post a Comment