Liar Liar

boydog129

 

Michael and I used to have a couple of friends from high school. We were all just kids then, so it was fine and, well, expected to act like a kid. But here we are, not too much older, but living in a different phase of our lives. We are expected to act a certain way. I’m not saying we have to lose our inner child and become hardened adults, we are just expected to step up and assume our roles as college students and adults. I’ve stepped up, Michael has stepped up, and so have many other people our age.

But here is where we and our couple of friends differ. We all grew up, stepped up, and left the juvenile attitudes behind. They didn’t.

It seems like anytime they feel like someone is lying to them, the plaster slanderous things about them on their social networking sites and refuse to even remember that person in a positive light. And you know what? More often than not, they’re wrong. It’s all in their head. No one is lying to them, no one’s pants are on fire, but it doesn’t matter because they’ve written that person off.

They have a hard time listening to the brutal honesty that the world does not revolve around them.

Michael and I have decided to wash our hands of them. Well, he decided it first, but obviously if he feels that way I am going to back him 100%. I’m tired of the judgmental attitudes, the reverse racism, alcohol and marijuana abuse, and all the rest of it.

When the bad outweighs the good, there is really no reason to continue down that road.

Peace, Love, and Pudd’n Pops,
AMZ

0 comments:

Post a Comment