Youth without Morals

Have you ever noticed that you never want to know something more when it isn’t any of your business?
This is the second week in a row that I wrote down blog topics while working, but left them there at the end of the day. Exhale. Okay.
The last couple of weeks have gone the way they usually do: Awesomely.
Morgan and I went to a supersecretharrypotter party! Sjaan and her friend threw it. I went home with my very own pigmy puff and the knowledge that you shouldn’t microwave butter too long, because every space in your microwave will be filled with it when it explodes!  The next day there was a birthday party for Michael’s mother at her own mom’s house. I like going over while his extended family is in town for a visit. Michael’s cousin Casey, whom I get to see often because he lives in town, was there. He happened to mention in conversation how often I talk about marrying Michael. He didn’t say it like it is a bad thing at all though. He happens to be one of the few people that reads this stuff haha. Anyway writing about things like marriage are great for the writer, but I suppose I come off sounding like a crazy person (Though I am a bit of a crazy person anyway). I seem to have gotten far from the original topic…Michael’s mom. “The Big 5-0.” She seemed happy to have everyone there! I love Michael’s mom. She is very beautiful in my opinion, especially when she smiles. :)
This past Friday was Morgan’s birthday party. We (the large group of college women) designed our own cupcakes, went to see Toy Story 3, and went back to her house to hang around and watch movies. While we never got around to watching movies, we were all entertained…in some way or another. After most of us went to sleep around 3am, we woke up at 8:30 for breakfast at ihop.

My favorite show about bad things happening to dumb teens who make mistakes, ‘The Secret Life of the American Teenager’, is back on tv for the summer season. This show, in addition to ‘16 and Pregnant’ and ‘Teen Mom’ pretty much make up my television schedule during the year. Maybe its because I sometimes inwardly gloat at the fact that I have never had a child or been pregnant. Maybe it is because even though choice to have to have sex, which isn’t exactly responsible, they’re adult enough to carry the baby to term and ignore the disturbingly popular choice among youth to abort. Remember kids, only abstinence is 100% effective. That .001% that you guys think will never effect you from condoms and birth control—surprise surprise—often get pregnant. What is that, odds of 1 in 1000? Those aren’t good odds, children.
 If you kids think you’re adult enough to take it all off, you’re adult enough to take care of a child. You’re adult enough to give up everything in your life that you don’t need for the sake of the life you created. God, that burns me so much, people like that. I’m sure that child is so sorry for inconveniencing your perfect life. I go to a woman’s college, and it’s a wonderful place, but sometimes maybe there aren’t enough men around to balance out the feminism. I’m talking real men here, not ‘guys.’ A real man who would take responsibility for his actions and care for the life he has created. Too many women on campus have decided that no man will have any say in a child’s life if it is illegitimate…she decides his or her fate. The best (and by best I mean most appalling) line I’ve heard is that children ruin a woman’s body, and not a man’s. A man can easily walk away from the child’s life, while a woman is ‘stuck with it.’ We’ll see how many men will be willing to be in a real relationship with someone with that attitude. Michael is the type of guy who will let no person in this world decide the fate of his child for him, nor will he let anyone prevent him from being a father to his child. I couldn’t agree more :)
Anywho, This beautiful, and ridiculously slim, woman my age at my college just gave birth to a son as beautiful as she! She waddled around campus at the end of the semester and took all of her exams. She finished her Sophomore year! I’ve been told she plans on finishing school, so I plan on holding her to it :)

I know I'd written about this before, in the post about superfeminism, but pregnancy and child-rearing deserves it's own half-post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment