Here I am, in my brother’s room, typing away on the computer. Why am I in my brother’s room? Well folks, tomorrow is G-Day. G-Day is the clever name I bestowed upon the day with Grandma arrives from up north for the week. Many preparations have made for G-Day. Lawn-mowing, organizing, scrubbing!
Being a polite person I am giving Grandma my double bed for the week and I have decided to sleep in my brother’s twin bed. Or the couch. Err.
My entire day off has been spent getting ready for her arrival. Now it is 12 am, and I am wondering where my day went.
This is a very lame blog post.
In the world of work, I managed to figure out how to take a five digit zip code, zip4, and Delivery Point Bar Code numbers and transform them into an actual barcode! See, we’re trying to send out 4 thousand or so magazine/booklets I designed for the department to all of the members. In order to be efficient we are trying to eliminate the standard mailing labels and the whole step of printing the labels and slapping one on each booklet. As you could probably guess, this would take me a very long time, and my hands would fall off before I ever finished. We are also trying to eliminate our current postal software that makes life a little bit easier in favor of a postal software that is full of operation wizards. Import wizard! Export wizard! Address Correction Wizard, my God! This is a nerdy girl’s dreammmm!
We are in between programs right now, and I am having to configure the barcode information and transform it into a full blown postal bar code, including start and stop lines, the exact zip code and delivery point information, and a check digit! I am such a beast! This is something that the original software company offered to do for me for the low low price of $150 per hour. What a deal?
My boss is especially proud of me lately. He is proud of how I am doing in school, and how I am doing at work. Hell, he took us all out to Ruth Chris’ last week to prove it!
Note to myself: Things to write about next time=> coffee pots, wine and drinking ages, G-day, Toy Story 3, and ceiling leaks.
These are things that sound terribly boring now, but I will turn things around and make it entertaining. Or will I?
Peace, Love, and Puddn’ Pops
AMZ
0 comments:
Post a Comment