Twilight Shift

This past Friday, I went to see Twilight Saga: Eclipse with Duha. Duha is worthy of a blog post of her own being as complicatingly interesting as she is, and I mean that in a good way. Anyway, Eclipse. I watched Twilight online, skipped New Moon, and finally shelled out the 10 bucks for a ticket to Eclipse. In high school, the books were alright. The first one was very good, the second alright, though they got progressively more strange, and by the end of the series I was actually a little surprised that I put myself through that.
I, being a gullible and cooperative person, tend to follow the path of interest that the author sets me down upon. Main girl = a clusterfuck named Bella. kay. Main guy = a glittery gentleman named Edward. Gotcha. Then I saw Eclipse, and my views of the series changed dramatically. Bella is still a clusterfuck, but it seems that every word she says and every emotion she attempts to convey is done so with her powerful chin. Edward is still a glittery gentleman, but the look on his face makes it seem like he is very…uncomfortable. His words are forced and raspy, and his cheek bones are very severe. I’d have to say the biggest thing I noticed that changes my opinion of the series would have to be the budding poof of chest hair that peeks from beneath the collar of his shirts. Oh my. No thank you. Good day sir.
Then we have the character Jacob, who never wears a shirt. Reading about someone not ever wearing a shirt is not very interesting compared to watching a character not ever wear a shirt. I enjoyed his character very much, and judging by the ‘mmm’s and gasps coming from beside me, so did Duha. My interest has definitely shifted from Edward in the books to Jacob in the movies. Afterward I actually promptly texted Michael so that I could ask him if he could become a werewolf for me and just conveniently never wear a shirt.

The Cullen clan left some to be desired all around. The women of the family were fine. They are always dressed well, but the men…no. Emmett’s haircut is very square and severe. I wonder what person, alive or undead would endure an awful haircut like that. Carlisle has slicked back blonde hair. Enough said. And the other male character, Jasper, just bugged me all around. His button down shirts were always buttoned all the way to the top. If he wasn’t already dead he would have choked to death. I mean honestly, who buttons the very top button? He was always very stiff and reserved in movements, like those awful outfits kept him from moving. His orange hair was chin-length and wavy. I don’t know what it is about these people and bad haircuts. And his eyes were always wide, as though surprised, but at the same time scrunched at the outside edges as though he’d just received devastating news.
Finally, of things to complain about. Two words: Dakota Fanning.

Don’t get me wrong, the movie was enjoyable. They definitely got a much bigger special effects budget than they did when making the first movie. I didn’t let these odd observations ruin the movie, but they were something I laughed about afterword.

Ah anywho, I am pleased to say Michael has finally given in on my girly pleas and gotten a blog of his own. I just want to hear what he has to say! That isn’t to say I he isn’t completely honest with me. He is, we haven’t kept anything from each other. It’s just different, ya know?

I wanted to end this post with an odd picture of the Cullen family doing what they do best: dressing strangely, but is seems as though I can’t find one good enough. So this will have to do:

425.goblet.shark.lr.072109 
Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner. Two people who will never live down the parts of Cedric Diggory and Sharkboy.

 

 

 

 

 

Peace, Love, and Pudd’n Pops,
AMZ

0 comments:

Post a Comment