September 10, 2008 I know it has been more than forever since I posted a blog. I apologize! Ive gone from comfortably having the internet to not getting on the internet for months at a time, except for logging in. Not much else aside from that. My life right now is absolutely, unbelievably AMAZING! College is an amazing experience! You may think that I am saying that because the full workload hasn't hit me yet. That may be true, but that doesn't change how amazing this place is. Like...I leave classes every day feeling so enlightened! So what if I have tons of papers-reading-discussions, I feel like this place is going to take me far in life... Over the summer I worked and spent all my money on dorm stuff. I spent a lot of time with my great friends, they make me so happy! I spent an unusually long time with Michael, my closest guy friend. I dunno he's always been so easy to be around. I think in the three years we've been friends, we've only fought a few times (always over dumb things of course) and we made up and learned our lesson. We always got along so well! That's why I loved to be his friend; we have such a common sense of humor and we're never bored with each other. I remember over the summer we went to a friends house in the middle of the night, and he said he wrote a song that he thought was pretty good, and wanted to sing it. So he grabbed a guitar and sang his song. It was so good! I was instantly smitten. With my best guy friend? Whom i've been denying thought of a relationship with since the very beginning? Yep. That one. I decided at that moment that I wanted to be with him for real this time. So we went on a date. Always awkward, the first date, but being friends we quickly got over that feeling and enjoyed each other's company. We ended up spending about three hours sitting in my drive way talking to each other. YES. TALKING. You jerks. Since we had just opened this emotional door to each other, it was the best time to talk seriously about everything in life good and bad. I can't even begin to tell you what we talked about. Absolutely everything under the sun! Or rather...the moon. I wanted to go home and think about everything we'd talked about, and the possibility of being with him. But as soon as I got inside with the giggles and went to bed, I woke up forgetting how amazing my night was, and calling it a fluke. I was, in reality, too afraid to take the chance. So we had an awkward phone conversation quickly a few days later. We both said we wanted to keep it the way it was originally, but we had an amazing time nonetheless. We Lied. And I knew he was lying as soon as he'd said he wanted to stay friends. And I told myself, "Dont say it don't say it don't say it!" and then I said, despite my inner pleas, I think we should stay friends too. STUPID! Why'd I say that!? I saw him a couple days later. I'd missed him. A helluva lot more than I'd ever thought I would. It was strange. We both acted like the time we had spent apart didn't phase us at all. The tough act. Lame act indeed. He drove me home that night. We talked some more. We asked each other "What now?" He wanted to be with me, I wanted to be with him. Simple as that. So he let me call the shots; he trusted me not to hurt him. We went through that in-between phase, by my request for adjustment, called "Talking," and at the end of it made the final decision to become a couple. The couple we were supposed to be years ago but never were. There were reasons of course. I was dating lame POS loser guys. I was in loser denial. And in reality, dating someone in high school dooms them forever. We've already graduated. Formally left the central place of drama and excessive heartbreak. That dumb shit. We were both adults now, it was time for the adult relationship we both deserved. And actually I thought about him while I was with those guys. Not "Ohhh I wish I were with him and not these losers." Don't forget I was in crazy denial over us. I just thought how cool it would be to hang out with him, and stuff like that. But that kinda proves that I generally preferred his company to those guys'. So I'm in a real relationship, with a real man. One whom I trust with my heart. It's been over a month, and we've yet to argue. Im not asking for a gold star sticker here for goodness sakes. Im just pointing out that our common interests and humor and past friendship have made us a strong couple from the very beginning. And of course, he makes me happier than any of those other guys. Ew. Other guys. Since I am living on campus and he's living at home, it is a little sad not to see him every day. He says he goes through Anna withdrawals. I believe him. He comes to see me all the time at school all the time. I've met his family: I absolutely adore them! And I've heard that they like me too haha. I can tell already that I'm going to be with him for a very long time. It feels...so right. =] And one more thing: I seem to have forgotten how much I over-word things. I sound too much like an old woman. This isn't actually how I speak in person, trust me. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment