Bagels and Lazy Dogs

I am sitting in the terrace at school eating a bagel and blogging. I don't have class until 1:30 this afternoon. Ahh, I love college. I have a netbook now, so I am taking my blog mobile instead of writing it in my dorm room that faces main street, or a computer lab full of clicking keys and beeping cell phones.
I have had this feeling for the past few days that I need to take advantage of all of the amazing things that are happening to me lately. Like my amazing friends. I started coming out of my shell this semester and there have been a handful of awesome people waiting for me when I got there. I am starting to have more fun being random than usual and I love it.

It snowed the other day...sort of. It was more like snow cone slush dumping from the sky, but Jenn and Miranda and I had fun walking around in it for a while. Why are South Carolinians so intrigued by snow? Well, I guess the most obvious reason would be because it NEVER happens here. Because it never happens here, we are pretty psyched about it :) Snow is an amazing occurrence in nature,to me, because it is white, and pure, and fluffy. It can fall on you quietly and gently, and you can pat it off of yourself without getting wet. That's my favorite part. I love the rain too. The sound, the smell, the everything. Except I don't love the feeling of wet jeans or soggy hair. So snow has the best parts of rain without the soggy parts.

My cousin (sort of :P) Casey has started his own blog recently. I have to tell you, that kid has a passion for politics that overshadow most people his age. He is only seventeen, but he has prettymuch figured out where he lies on the political spectrum. I'm so proud! ='D

I have made an amazing discovery this past week: Skype. I am now officially frustrated with Michael simply because I have web-chatted with him every day this week. He actually just finished reading my blog for the first time in a while. Gawrsh. I'm embarrased to know that some people read this nonsense.

Michael's dog Blaze said hi to me while Michael was AFK. (Blaze said, "Yeah, he takes up all of the room in my bed.")

Spring Break starts tomorrow afternoon. I am excited. (Can't you tell?). I don't have plans to go to Daytona and take my top off like the others. I am just going to stay home and relax because, well, I deserve it. I am going to sit around in my jammies, hang out with Michael and our families, and do some work around the house. I am going to, for the most part, ignore my homework. I am probably going to try to do it all this afternoon. I may try to spend some time with my much neglected friends from back home too.

Tomorrow I will find out whether or not I get a certain job. I am hopeful, because my backup plann of going to D.C. seemed to have crashed and burned on me earlier this week. It's either this, or some sort of drastic money-making scheme.

This is it for now
Peace, Love, and Pudd'n Pops

0 comments:

Post a Comment